1) Be wary of SEO firms that send you emails
out of the blue
2) Remember -no SEO company can guarantee a
number 1 ranking on Google.
3) Be careful if a company is secretive or
won't clearly explain what they intend to do.
4) You should never have to link to an SEO
5) Some SEOs may try to sell you the ability
to type keywords directly into the browser bar
6) Choose wisely. - be sure to understand where
the money goes.
8) Talk to many SEOs, and ask other SEOs if
they'd recommend the firm you're considering.
9) Make sure you're protected legally.
10) Beware of shadow domains, doorway pages,
11) Avoid companies offering link farming.